“Drafting?”

No, we didn’t call it that. It was “Industrial Arts”. I remember taking in 7th
grade. And a few of us took the second semester Industrial Arts rather than
shop due to scheduling issues.

That was back in 1973-4. It was one of my favorite classes as well.

I still draw up schematics on grid paper with a pencil. Old fashioned in this
modern day, but still fun, and just as rewarding for my simple designs.

> On Apr 24, 2021, at 1:08 AM, Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> wrote:
>
> OK, I've really dated myself now.
>
> Anyone remember "drafting"? A favorite class in high school: blueprints,
> mechanical drawings, schematics, straight edges, hand lettering, projections
> and elevations. We invented things to draw that weren't real, but looked like
> they should be. Did all the math by hand -- on a slide rule, if necessary.
> Day-dreamed about what we might one day build.
>
> 45 years later, we're using tools we couldn't have imagined. Modeling
> circuits and objects with millions of parameters and vectors, realizing them
> in virtual space, manipulating them in real time.
>
> Here's to those moments, and to that timeless pursuit: turning abstractions
> into reality.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR