The passband of the filter has a tilt (the SSB module's filter is much better)
 When you switch between CW and CWR, the slope of the filter reverses with
respect to the base band, so it sounds different.  It's not that unusual for
other rigs to do this to a lesser degree.  Of course where the filter is
centered depends on BFO alignment which must be done for each width and both
USB and LSB.

    On Friday, June 25, 2021, 4:04:34 PM MDT, Don Wilhelm <d...@w3fpr.com>