Or you can use a second AM receiver and zero beat the tones. You can get
it very close that way.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021, Don Wilhelm wrote:

Jerry,

Read the article on my website. Just adjusting C22 is not enough for a complete job of dial calibration. That oscillator is the clock for the MCU. The dial calibration data is stored in EEPROM and is what is used to display the dial frequency. The EEPROM is loaded by running the CAL PLL menu routine with the counter probe in TP1.
Yes, C22 must be adjusted just before running CAL PLL or CAL BFO.

I use WWV which transmits 500 or 600 Hz tones on alternate minutes. Using SSB, align those tones with the 500 and 600 Hz markers on your audio spectrum analyzer to assure that you are tuned correctly.

Once you get the KSB2 option installed, you can enter the BFO frequencies suggested in the manual and then proceed to do a more precise dial and BFO calibration.

The DAC steps for the BFO limits the precision that you can achieve, but 10 to 20 Hz is achievable.

73,
Don W3FPR