I usually use a fisherman's knot called a Uni knot. I use it with 24ga
silicone insulated stranded copper wire for my QRP antennas. I tie the end
to a small insulator, then tie paracord or some other thin, strong line to
the other end of the insulator. I like to use very brightly colored wire
and line, so bystanders can see them. Prevents tripping hazard. My favorite
line is glow in the dark paracord. It will glow faintly but visibly in the
dark.

This knot is also known as the Duncan loop. It can tie to a ring, to an
insulator, splice two lines if doubled, and can tie together different
materials. Here's a different video showing how to tie the Uni/Duncan knot
from a different angle, and how to use it to splice two lines together.

https://youtu.be/myMSMYy_iYU

Some think it looks like a noose, but that's a very different knot.

73,
Gwen, NG3P