I think the only thing that is for sure is that this is very poorly documented.  The schematic shows two resistors, the assembly manual shows one, and the correct value of the one (by my measurement) is unknown.  Whether or not it is, or isn't, used is another unknown.  It seems to me that Elecraft could comment on this and clear this up, but that hasn't been forthcoming.  Silence isn't always golden.

Wes  N7WS