Is there a consensus among builders of the traditional kits (K1, K2, etc)
about the best way to remove solder flux from a completed circuit board?
Some Internet sites recommend acetone, others say isopropyl alcohol. A few
tout their own product without saying exactly what it is.  I remember
reading someplace that one or the other of those will clean the flux but
could also cause damage by being absorbed into components.  Yes, I know this
is all purely cosmetic but if it can be done safely I'd like to try it on
the next kit.  Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ted, KN1CBR