Depends on what flux was used. The current crop of "no clean" fluxes does
not come off well with isopropyl alcohol and leaves a white film on the
board. Other fluxes dont have this problem.

I use the same stuff we use at work for light rework which is the heavy
duty flux remover from MG Chemical.

 Acetone will eat some types of plastic and should be avoided.

Eric KI7LTT