The "problem" With shipping via UPS (at least when I was doing it) was that If the insurance was $1000 or more, you had to arrange a pickup (small pickup charge) and give the package to a UPS driver and obtain his signature. That was more than 5 years ago, so the rules might have changed. I never used a UPS Store for shipping.  I did have a local UPS shipping site that was much more pleasant to use - as long as I had a UPS shipping label attached (from my UPS account) - a small matter of signing up for a UPS account all I had to do was drop off the package (again if the insurance was below the UPS insurance 'clip point'.

Know the rules, they are fair if you follow them.  I did not ship FedEx unless my customer provided me with a shipping label - I did not have a FedEX account.

BTW - there are several non UPS shipping places (independent) that are better than the UPS store, but if the insurance value is high, the same thing applies, you will have to ask them when the UPS truck arrives, and wait to get the driver's signature.

Since when I was shipping regularly I had no problem because UPS arrived at my home most every day.

73,
Don W3FPR