On 6/29/2022 2:35 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
  When you speak, the CMP shows you whether the mic gain is sufficient to fully
hit the desired level.

Wayne,

I think we may be in the territory of the difference between a circuit designer and someone who understands how to use audio processing. What the CMP display SHOULD read is the amount of gain reduction taking place. From your explanation, it isn't clear whether that's true or not. As a rule of thumb, 10-12 dB is a good place to be without intelligibility going south.

We all look forward to being able to safely return to Visalia. I've reserved a room for next year. No surprise, reports are that Dayton/Xenia was a bit of a super-spreader.

73, Jim K9YC