Actually no, the K3 isn't still being serviced within the limits of parts availability, and hasn't for some time.  When my K3IO board got zapped I wrote Elecraft and asked them to repair it.  The repair tech simply and flippantly refused to so.  I later went through the parts list from the schematic and all the key parts were available in stock from Digi-Key.  Luckily Don had a spare set of boards from someone who had swapped them out for the USB version.

In any case, age has nothing to do with it.  The original claim was that the modular nature of the K3 would allow it to have an almost unlimited lifetime because redesigns would handle both part obsolescence and technological improvements.  Supply chain issues didn't cause that to go by the wayside ... limited resources at Elecraft did.  By all accounts the K4 is a great rig, but why should its modularity offer any extended life compared to other brands than the K3 did?   It's a flawed premise and a flawed commitment if the ability to follow through isn't there.

I don't mean to keep flogging this, but people like you keep dredging it up and trying to convince me I'm wrong.

Dave   AB7E