The most likely near future, which Elecraft has (have?) apparently chosen,
could be the constant grumbling we will all make for years to come as we sit
and stare at our K3s with various dead boards. Flex, Yaesu and Icom are all
rooting for this status quo to continue.

I'd like to suggest a different future. For decades, China has reverse
engineered practically everything and then sold it for half of what it costs us
to make it.

I'm pretty sure you could take any K3 circuit board to China and have a working
prototype in like 24 hours. But it would take an entrepreneur among us to make
that happen.

AlĀ  W6LX/4