Hi, Eric.

Thanks for the update. I'm thankful that Elecraft is making these kits
available so long after the last production run of the K3 and the kits.  My
K3 s/n 6011 is working fine with the original KIO3 and am looking forward
to the new capabilities of the "B".

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 7:17 PM Eric Swartz <e...@elecraft.com> wrote:

> I apologize for the delay getting this info out to everyone. (See my final
> comments below after the status section for more info on what has caused
> much of the delay.)
>
> First - The current K3 & K3S option status. The following boards are now in
> process, and should ship close to these dates ranges if there are no new
> parts issues or surprise manufacturing delays.
>
> P3TXMON  6-8 weeks
> K3EXREF      8 weeks
> KAT3A:          8 weeks
> KDVR3          8 weeks
> KPA3A        6-8 weeks
> KIO3B        8-9 weeks
> KSYN3A        8 weeks
> KBPF3A        8 weeks
> KXV3B       6-8 weeks
>
> K144XV and K144RFLK   7-10 days
> We've completed building an additional batch of K144XV 2M options and
> we're  finishing up the matching K144RFLK lock boards, which lock the
> K144XV's frequency to the K3's reference oscillator.
> We'll be contacting the remaining customers for these two items in order to
> confirm shipping information (and collect the other half of the funds due
> for shipping and those who made a half deposit.)
>
> ---
>
> Remaining 3 Last time Buy items:
>
> P3: Still seeing long parts delays from Analog devices and Microchip.
>
> P3SVGA: Still seeing long parts delays from Intel (FPGA) and Microchip
> (uC).
>
> K3/0 Mini: Microchip (uC) delays plus qualifying second sources on several
> other parts. We are also evaluating our demo stock of  K3/0 Minis to see if
> that can help with regular orders or our wait-list orders.
>
> We will update everyone on these last three items as we get new
> information.
>
> ----
> General comments:
> We've been navigating a wide range of parts and manufacturing issues these
> past months. The K3 Options suffered in focus as we first had to keep our
> primary product lines rolling out the door to you. (K4s, KX-Line, Amps
> (100, 500 and 1500W) etc.) We've been successful sourcing parts for these
> primary products and keeping them shipping :-) , but its taken way more
> focus and effort that anyone expected..
>
> We've also had to contend with one of our key circuit board assembly
> subcontractors becoming unavailable after being sold to another company.
> (All of our boards are built in the U.S.) That resulted in our other
> assembly subcontractors becoming overloaded. Fortunately we have now
> qualified and brought on-line several new U.S. circuit board assembly
> companies with excellent results. In addition to smoothing our regular
> production, this has made it possible to get our focus back on the K3
> Options.
>
> We will be posting updates for these products as they each get closer to
> shipping.
>
> Thank you again for your patience.
>
> 73,

> [...]

Clark, WU4B
Little Pistol With Wires + HexBeam
Elecraft K2 & K3
QRPARCI #10815
SKCC #3892
NAQCC #5055
CWOPS #1869
Collins Collectors #AC90-12432
Southeastern DX Club <http://www.sedxc.org>
North Georgia QRP Club <http://www.nogaqrp.org>

*"It is vain to do with more what can be done with less."*
*Attributed to *William of Occam (1288 AD - 1348 AD)