On 8/2/2023 7:40 PM, Peter Hall wrote:
Unfortunately, Elecraft's preferred carrier - UPS - is certainly not Tier-1

Elecraft is a small enough company that the issue of shipment could certainly be addressed when discussing a purchase. I've long heard that DHL is well respected in the UK. They're not well known here (although they used to be 30 years ago, and I used them in my biz to ship architectural drawings around), but Elecraft will probably know how to access them.

Again, ASK! Elecraft is not like Kenwood, ICOM, or Yaesu! Anyone who's been on this reflector for very long knows that Wayne and Eric (who does most of the management stuff) are both online and read this reflector, and the company is online friendly. So is SDRKits (in the UK), from whom I've made four purchases over about ten years, all of which arrived painlessly by USPS. One of their people reads the support reflector for their excellent VNWA and responds promptly and in a very positive way to any issues.

73, Jim K9YC