In the past I have bought Elecraft transceivers and amplifiers both direct
from USA and also through W&S with full satisfaction. On the one occasion in
the last 14 years, when one of my Elecrafts (a KPA500) needed a repair, I
had to send it to Italy, a not inexpensive solution.

Sadly, it now appears that W&S and Nevada are no longer independent and have
now amalgamated under Moonraker, not that I have a problem with Moonraker.

To continue with a UK Elecraft agency, Moonraker/W&S/Nevada should recruit
and set up a service centre which would alleviate the perceived problem plus
it would provide an alternative service for other makes.

The worst of all possible worlds IMHO, would be for the UK Elecraft agency
to end up with so many other radio products in the Staines emporium. Sadly,
...they already have more than enough exclusives thus reducing any
competitive pricing for us, the UK amateur.

Ray G3XLG