I can totally agree with Joe, W4TV.   At one time I was repairing radios for various companies.  I was doing warranty and non-warranty repairs.  The companies decided it was cost ineffective to maintain independent repair services.  Hence, I no longer repair radios, and no longer have test equipment to do so. There were other reasons as well, but I agree with Joe, W4TV, the expert knowledge base is in Watsonville.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 12/15/2023 11:57 AM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 5
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:03:23 -0500
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV"<li...@subich.com>
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] User's Dilemma

They clearly aren't interested in setting up a third party repair
center.
Given the cost of setting up and running a second "factory
warranty/repair center" it just doesn't make sense.  Notice
that none of the other radio manufacturers offer duplicate
facilities on the east/west coast ... even those that did so
at one time have pulled back.

The cost of facilities, duplicate test equipment, duplicate
spare/repair parts, etc. simply can not be amortized economically
across one or two technicians.  It's far more efficient to simply
add another technician or two (*IF*  one can find a qualified tech)
"at the mothership".

73,

     ... Joe, W4TV