It's possible that something is arcing and, of course changing the  tuning.

Do you have the internal tuner in the K4?  If so, does it behave the same way?

Why do you have the amplifier running?  30m is as restricted power band.

If you leave the amp and tuner out of the circuit and transmit with the K4 directly, does the SWR meter stay steady, or does it fluctuate at full power?

Ken WA8JXM

Why is the amplifier connected?  30m is a restricted powerband.