Actually, I was only putting around 200 into the antenna, and it's doing fine.  I've been continuing to make digital contacts without the amp and tuner.  The antenna works great for me.  I reached 50 countries during the past few weeks of testing.  Fortunately, I fully understand what was going wrong.

Michael, NO6O

On 2024-01-14 1:03 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

Fully agree.  The specs for the CHA-250B say a maximum of 75 watts for digital modes ... i.e., continuous duty modes.  That pretty much says what the actual heat dissipation capability is.  If he was trying to put 500 watts into his antenna in almost any mode, it is probably toast ... figuratively and literally.

Dave AB7E