The SB104A was a good build and a decent radio. The K2 is an easy build with lots of checkpoints and good instructions. Its really hard to go wrong if you just do what the instructions say exactly. The end result though, will be beyond your expectations. Not on par with your average radio - on par with some of the best available today.

Doug -- KØDXV

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a K2. Will be my largest
project since the Heathkit SB104A thirty years ago.

Is there any surprises that I should watch out for?

Thanks
Scott N5SM