Long ago Ten-Tec made a model 405 amplifier. It could take 5 watts in and produce 50 watts out. There are also some Tokyo Highpower amps around that people have bought directly from Japan. You could also arrange to buy one directly from the company. They technically aren't legal because the FCC has restrictions on input power, bands and gain to (unsuccessfully) prevent CB operators from running more than 4 watts output. Otherwise, there are plans and boards to build a 140 watt amp that would be quite suitable. I also believe it is possible to make the KPA100 an external amplifier. I've used a number of these and in my book if you want 100 watts - buy the KPA100. I built one of the first and it was a gem.

73, Doug -- KØDXV

Fred (FL) wrote:
Are there any 50 or 100 watt external amplifiers,
that a barebone QRP K2 can drive?  Is anyone
using one, for SSB and CW?

Itch'n to build nother ...........

Thanks,
Fred N3CSY