Hi Group,

KPA100 is very good when it operates with K2. However, if you have other non-K2 QRP rigs, you may wish to consider other 3rd party amplifiers such as those from Tokyo High Power or HFproject. You may need an amplifier not only restricted to the operation of K2.

I would think, before making any decision, you should think about your operation preference. Do you want an amplifier serving K2 solely? If you don't need the amplifier in future, can it be sold readily in the second hand market without substantial price cut?

One thing I would like to share, the barebone K2 can drive a ICPW-1 or Quadra System to over 300 watts. If you have the budget for the kilowatt amplifiers in the very nearest future, you may wish to hold the purchase of a 100 watt amplifier now.

BTW, I am waiting the coming of KPA800 / 1600 from Elecraft.

73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC