-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:41 PM
To: Elecraft List
Subject: [Elecraft] SSB and MH2

On the recent topic of SSB audio reports, I got report of "off
frequency" and "too low" on 17M USB today and have not found the problem
yet.  RIT and XIT were off and 15MhHz WWV was within 5Hz according to my
sound card.

I did the bandwidth mod while I built my KSB2, following the advice
given here, and in the new KSB2 manual -- just about a week before the
parts kit was announced.  At first I got reports of weak audio, and last
night ran through the entire Spectrogram alignment (once on WinXP with
my wife's computer, once on Linux under WINE).  Now it appears to be
better, but there is still something wrong:.

This morning I was able to work KH6BB (USSS Missouri, Pearl Harbour,
Hawaii) on 18m and got in the first time.  Op Lee reported that I was
"off frequency" and "too low."  Any idea what to check for?  The
spectrogram plot looked a lot like the one in the paper...