I agree with Ron, 1000%

Unless you sign "/QRP", how is a station to know you are QRP? There are so many variables ..... propagation, antennas, location, height above sea level, etc.. Let's say the station doing the listening is in California. Your 5 Watts in Georgia may be a whole ton louder to him than 1000 Watts coming from South Africa. In fact, I've worked guys using 1 or 2 Watts who were 20 over 9 at my receiving location. I would never had known that they were QRP unless they hadn't volunteered the information.

Besides, if you really want to cut to the chase, it's ALWAYS the station doing the receiving that is "working" - NOT the transmitting station.

Now if you want to be picky, by definition the term "power" is equal to an amount of work being done. So it follows that a QRO station is doing more "work" that a QRP station. But it's not necessarily true that in ALL cases he is going to be louder and easier to hear than a QRP station.

The argument is very subjective.

--
Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

http://www.w2lj.qrpradio.com
http://w2lj.blogspot.com/