Hi Chris,

With barefoot K2 you don't need two stages to get 600-800 watts out. For
instance 4CX800 is happy grid driven with 10 watts. Unfortunately most HB PA
articles now are in Russian. However I could help with the translation, if
needed. Having only smaller tubes in my junk box, I am working now on a grid
driven 4xEL509, delivering 400-500 watts. PA0FRI have a great web site for
the amp home brewers. See http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Lineairs/Lineairs.htm

73, Val LZ1VB