First of all, there was substantial interest in the K2 sitting alongside the
K3 at SeaPac in Oregon June 2 and 3. It's  a great rig and, as several
people pointed out, one is assembled at lower cost from individual parts.

Elecraft just did a major update of the K2 Owner's Manual to be sure
everything was current and complete for those who will continue to buy K2's
for a long time to come.

I'd consider the analog or DSP audio filters entirely optional. I find the
basic I.F. filters in the K2 more than adequate for virtually any situation.
Sure, the denoiser is handy under tough signal conditions and the extra
selectivity is handy from time to time, especially if one needs the signal
to stand out alone from the QRM to copy it, but it's a significant cost for
something that isn't needed most of the time.

Was it the ARRL who "recommended" the Yaesu, Icom or Kenwood rigs? How dare
they leave Elecraft off of that list? If so, it's time to sharpen my
rhetoric (don't use a pencil much any more) and shoot off a letter (er...
Email) to Newington!

Ron AC7AC