Gary

the K2 works nifty on SSB, either as a 15 or 100 watt
radio.  even with only a vertical I would not hesitate
to call someone DX on 20m.  of course its easier when
sunspots are higher!  i have made many contest QSO's
running SSB QRP.  and this is a great rig for running
PSK31.  so if you have the board go ahead and install
it!

count the dB's carefully and convert them to the
number of S-units.  i am not saying don't QRO, as when
i discovered working DX on 80m CW is interesting I
added 100w to my K2.  i won't debate the K2 vs. K3
trade!  converted to $ per dB of performance, i am not
sure where this will fall.

73, curt