The trouble with this approach is it requires a few seconds of RF to
tune up. I wonder how much RF pollution the K2 design has saved by
being able to remember and automatically tune to each band as you
switch? It's also far more convenient for those who like to switch on
and have a quick listen to see if 10 or 15 are open, say. It would be
well worth the trouble of extra cabling, in my opinion. It's just a
pity there isn't a universal standard of band data that would allow
such a device to be made for any rig.

Wouldn't it be cool if the K3 could peak the ATU for maximum noise in
the receiver, especially for using the GC RX in the non-ham bands...
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com