Is there anything in the rules that wouldn't allow one to start with a high serial number, like 800 instead of 1 :-) ???

Joe-aa4nn wrote:
In my early days of contesting I would shy away from contests
having a serial number in the exchange.  It was for me a big
time thing to fall behind in the numbers, really embarrassing.
But no more.  As I entered Sweepstakes early Sunday
afternoon I found it interesting that ops would often ask for
a repeat to confirm my unexpected low serial number.

--
Blog: http://thek3ngreport.blogspot.com/