The best decoder is certainly not the one between *my* ears! I have
tried just about every method going to try to be able to read Morse
comfortably at 25wpm or more, with no success at all. If anything I am
getting worse with the advancing years! Although I can read most
individual characters at 25 or 30wpm I still confuse characters like V
and 4, H and 5, B and 6, 1 and J. Also, whatever the speed the
individual characters are sent, there seems a finite delay between
hearing the character and registering what it is, during which it is
as if "interrupts are disabled" and I'm not listening to the next one.

Whatever the character speed, 12 - 15wpm is the fastest my brain seems
to manage to keep up with. Consequently my whole ham life I've been
afraid to call CQ using CW in case someone comes back to me too fast
for me to read.

--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com