Hey look on the bright side, this is good practice for the K4. Imagine
how fast the K4 could be delivered knowing what  Elecraft  is
learning now with the K3 delivery.

I can just imagine what the K4 is going to be

Dual Analogue and  SDR  in one box
Built in Network/Spectrum Analyzer
Feedforward adaptive  distortion canceling FET final Amp
Built in DF  DSP post processor with adaptive array steering
Ionsonder capability
Calibrated S meter/level meter
Balanced tune anything antenna tuner
NTIA Redbook Compliant for MARS and other services.
ALE modem built in.
Selective calling
Milspec 810

And many other features.. Knock Knock you K3 is here Sir!

Craig
VK3HE

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 11/5/2007 12:29:53 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> A minor correction to your  minor correction.
>
> My statement was that Elecraft AS A COMPANY is  inexperienced dealing
> with contractors.
>
> It's clear from what's  happened with the K3 that even if an
> individual at Elecraft had SOME  experience in "another life" with
> outside contractors, it wasn't enough  experience to correctly handle
> this situation.
>
> There are thousands of  ways contractors outside can mess up, cause
> damage and then hide the damage  until it's too late. It takes lots
> of accumulated experience to sidestep the  landmines â€" large
companies
> have entire departments that do nothing but  monitor suppliers'
> status â€" obviously Elecraft couldn't or didn't do this.  As a
> company, Elecraft stepped in the landmines.
>
> Les WB6MND
>
> I know I'm just a little biased toward Elecraft, but they have done
quite
> well for what they started with the K3.
> I have managed programs in what we call rocket science and high tech
of the
> nth degree for 40 years and had just as much trouble with first run
PCBs -
> even  when there were only 2 or 3 to be made.  It's a tough game and
outsource is
>  still in it's infancy. Have you ever noticed how many versions of
highly
> popular Computer motherboards turn out to be lemons and the rate at
which  they
> are rolled up in revision? These are devices that are sold by
hundreds of
> thousands and using standardized buses and common components. Main
reason is the
> pressure to get them to market and the belief that firmware will fix
any
> minor  problems. I praise Elecraft for having the strength to see
this through the
>  toughest part of a new product rollout.
>
> Al WA6VNN
> Al WA6VNN