On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:40:40 -0500 (EST), Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604
wrote:

>There are still people put there using DOS logging programs, too.
>They wouldn't have USB support in that mode.

  That's always a problem.  The program that I use for TNC
  operation - PKGold - is a DOS program that requires a genuine
  RS-232 port.  Ports obtained through expansion cards or modules
  won't work - I've tried.

  I wanted to use an iMic USB soundcard adapter on a Win2K
  machine. Guess what?  The manufacturer said that it will only
  work on an XP machine because there's no W2K driver.

  There went my dreams of using my K2/100 for HF data modes using
  the Win2K machine.

  And so it goes.

--
   73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane