I don't know if its a rebrand - I believe Watson is actually the
manufacturing arm of WATers and StantON - but I guess they don't actually
manufacture, just design/spec etc.

And I have not put a scope on this, I just didn't notice any RFI while using
it.

On 30/11/07 17:54, "Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
sent:

> Well, I see that David says it's quiet at RF-
>       "Its very small, quiet - both physical and appears to be on RF too"
>
> I only see a 14A PS from Jetstream that's the same size- is that what
> you tested?
>
> And since W&S rebranded it, they may have changed other
> characteristics, too.
>
> It'd be interesting to see how the W&S unit did on a test bench, since
> it does look attractive.
>
> I've had reliability problems with the MFJ-4125, although the unit appears
> to be robust now, after two trips to MFJ, and some rework by myself.
> But I tend to work it hard, DXpedition and contest RTTY.
>
> BTW, I have found that not all equipment is more expensive in the UK.
> I have a TH-D7E that was cheaper in the UK (and had bandpass filters
> for the 430-440 satellite band, instead of 440-450).
> You just have to shop carefully.
>
> 73, doug
> M0BPI at times
>
>    Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:36:30 -0600
>    From: dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>    I'd be interested in hearing if that unit has RFI problems.  I had one
>    that looked identical to that, with the brand "Jetstream" on it, on a
>    spectrum analyzer a day or two ago.  Appeared to produce lots of RF
>    hash.  Might be OK across a battery, but looked really bad by itself
>    (hash at -80 dBm or so).  The hash was riding the power cord as well as
>    the output terminals.  Did not do a through check, not enough time, just
>    a quick look.
>

>    Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:
>> It's about the same size at the MFJ-4125, and W&S may have a better
>> reputation than MFJ.
>> It does look like a nice piece of kit, but what kind of warranty
>> coverage does W&S give to non-resident purchasers?
>>
>> The price is very good, in fact, especially if W&S will do the required
>> paper work for a VAT refund.
>>
>> 73, doug
>>
>>    Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:58:35 +0000
>>    From: "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>    On the PSU - why not buy one here (I guess exchange rate might be an
>> issue),
>>    I'm using a Watson Power-Mite, purchased from Walters & Stanton (Watson is
>>    their kit)
>>
>>    http://www.wsplc.com/acatalog/Watson_Mains_Power_Supplies.html
>>    should be the first item on that page
>>
>>    Its very small, quiet - both physical and appears to be on RF too
>>    Has switchable input voltage, so when you take it back it will work - it
>>    should work in any country I would have thought.
>>    A few nice features:
>>    * uses a standard power cord with 'normal' PC style 3 pin - just take the
>>    right cord for the country (anyone know right code for that kind of plug).
>>
>>    * fan can run in auto mode or permanent on, it didn't come on much when I
>>    used it with my FT-857 in the summer.
>>
>>    * short-circuit and  over-voltage protection
>>
>>    * adjustable voltage, so if you don't really need another supply at home,
>>    use it on the bench etc.

> [...]

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our
one duty is to furnish it well.
-Peter Ustinov, actor, writer and director (1921-2004)