Install the KPAIO3.  Either it or the simple jumper that is usually there
will allow you to run the K3 without the KPA3 installed for the initial
tests.  With the KPAIO3 (only), set CONFIG:KPA3 to 'PAio nor'.  During
installation of the KPA3, you will change this CONFIG:KPA3 setting a few
times, eventually ending up with it at 'KPA3 nor'.

73,
Ed - W0YK