I wonder if there is a list available of the K3 features that are NOT yet activated in the current firmware.

Check the errata sheet that came with the radio. As features are added, they'll be listed in the firmware updates, viewable through the K3 Utility.

...I am unable to enable synchronous detection in AM mode.

Not yet available. You can use USB or LSB and FINE tuning for the moment, as the K3 is very stable and most AM transmissions are as well.

...The bandwidth control only goes up to 3kHz on AM, but goes up to 6kHz on other modes. Is this normal...

WIDTH refers to the fianl audio bandwidth. IF is 1:1 to the IF bandwidth in CW, SSB and DATA modes. AM IF bandwidth is twice the audio bandwidth. FM will have a fixed IF bandwidth, at least initially, and WIDTH will refer to the AF response only.

73,

Lyle KK7P