I downloaded the new K3 utility this morning so I could upgrade the K3 firmware.

The MCU V1.58 loads OK but the DSP V1.48 won't load. The K3 VFO B area tells me "NEW K3UTIL SOFTWARE REQUIRED * * * *".

I have reloaded the K3 utility (V1.1.1.7) but the DSP still won't load. It takes about 10 minutes for the attempt after which the K3 displays "E 000202" in VFO A and "ERR DSE" in VFO B. The manual tells me to reload the DSP firmware which is what I have been trying to do.

I am using the Elecraft Serial/USB adapter cable.

I have also tried the "Cold Boot" method to no avail.

Is there any way to load older (working) versions of the firmware?

Don Wines
K5DW
K3 #123