HB9DRV:

>The delay in the sub-RX is making me reconsider whether to buy
the sub-RX and instead just buy a second basic K3 to use for RX.

        I'm having similar thoughts since I already ordered
a second K3 in September, mainly for SO2R use.  For true
diversity, it would be necessary for both rigs to be phase-
locked to the same source and then use an external control
program (e.g. HRD, N1MM) to program identical frequencies, etc.
It should not be too hard for someone to figure out how to
run both rigs from one unit's reference oscillator.  In my case,
since I will have two units anyway, the incremental cost might
actually be less than the cost of a KRX3.  Still thinking...

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV