Hello Ron,

Thank you for your interesting comments and the web site information. Could you hear the HAARP transmitter via a 'terrestial' path as well as via the 'lunar' path, and if so was the echo delay noticeably greater than that caused by a typical EME path or roughly the same? I missed their schedule this morning (-:

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Ron D'Eau Claire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I ran across the announcement a few minutes before they started yesterday.
Listening with K3 S/N 00010 I heard the echoes on 6.7925.  I'd have called
the echo a typical trans-polar long-path signal but terrestrial signals
aren't delayed several seconds!

Interestingly, I could not hear any echo on 7.4075 when they QSY'd, even
though it was immediately after hearing them on 6.7925 MHz.

I'll try to record the signal tonight to send them with my reports.

Here's HAARP's web site:

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/mbann.html

Ron AC7AC