Both Toby and onee of his colleagues make the point that the K3 SSB is not as
"strong" as it could be.

I don't use SSB much, as SSB using QRP and limiteed antennas can be a
frustrating exercise. Nevertheless when I used my K2 I was always surprised
by the results and felt it punched well above its weight.

When setting the mic gain and compression on the K3 I felt that it did not
push the needle on the power meter as far as the K2 did.

However my initial experiences would suggest that there is not that much
wrong with it. There was an SSB contest today and I worked a number of
stations and in very few cases was I asked to repeat anything. I was even
more impressed when I realised that after manually reducing the power to
tune up with the external tuner I had forgotten to wind it back up again so
I had made some contacts using 5W instead of 12W and hadn't even realised
it! I think that's what they call "mojo"!

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf