At 09:25:45 EST on 20 Wed Feb 2008 DW Holtman (WB7SSN) wrote ...

I'm in the middle of building a K2, S/N 6412.  ... While doing the Alignment
and test Part 1, I had a couple of readings that were not in specs.

1. Page 48, Setting the AGC Threshold, the manuals calls for adjusting  R-1
for a reading of 3.80VDC on pin 5 of U2.  The highest R1 would adjust to is
3.60VDC.

2.  Page 48 Bargraph Current test.  The manual calls for a current reading
Of 0.16 to 0.18. My K2 reads 0.25 amps.  That is quite a bit higher than
what is called for.

Any suggestions? Are these readings anything to worry about?

--

Hi DW,

    I'll take a stab at your low AGC measurement.  In the past few months a
couple of builders have had marginal +8V regulators on the CTRL board.  It's
unlikely this would be causing the higher than expected Bar-graph current
measurement, it is possible.

73,
Gary  KI4GGX
K2 #4067