Wayne,

I am mainly a sideband operator. I like and use the presets. I have preset "1" set for narrow filter and shifted for best audio. Preset "2" is set for a wider filter for rag chewing. I agree with the points made by WB6MND and so would also prefer fixed presets. When the QRM starts, you can quickly change to preset "1". It saves a bit of fiddling with the width and shift controls. I am eagerly awaiting the firmware change that will shift the filter centre (on SSB) as it is narrowed. This will make the filter adjustment on SSB way more convenient. The large change in audio level when switching the Noise reduction off (SSB mode) is sometimes deafening. I believe this is under review.

73
   Tony Fegan VE3QF

K3 #137
K2 #490 (sold to a good friend today. It will be missed)

WB6MND wrote:

Yes, I use the presets, and I agree with the field testers as to the change.

I would like to be able to return to fixed settings that I program and are
stored.  That way I always have a familiar starting point that works best in
most situations, but that I can adjust further to customize for the
particular signal I'm listening to.

With the current setup, I feel I get lost and can't return to a familiar
place.

Les
WB6MND

wayne burdick wrote:
Do you find the DSP/XFIL filter presets, I/II, useful? If you haven't tried them yet, please do. Here's the short ............

73,
Wayne
N6KR