Tony,

To reduce the width on SSB, try just using Hi Cut instead of the width and shift controls. Normally when reducing the SSB filter width, the low end should be near 300 Hz (the K3 uses 250 by default). Keeping the low frequency corner of the SSB filter fixed at 350 to 300 Hz preserves intelligibility as the highs are reduced with the Hi Cut control - try it, you might like it better than fussing with the Width and Shift controls - I do it that way all the time, no need to adjust the low end unless the filter is VERY narrow (less than 1400 Hz = Hi Cut at 1650 Hz)

73,
Don W3FPR

Tony Fegan VE3QF wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting the firmware change that will shift the filter centre (on SSB) as it is narrowed. This will make the filter adjustment on SSB way more convenient.