Four times?? A K2 with enough options to make it comparable to an IC-756ProIII is $1861.00. The current best price on the IC-756ProIII is 2695.00 - that's not even twice, its only 30% more. Considering the the time invested in building one - the K2 is not even close to an economical radio. The 756ProIII represents one aspect of state of the art that is unmatched by anything else on the market of comparable price. Its receiver isn't going to perform like a K3 or even a K2. But it isn't a bad receiver either and ranks among the best for mainstream middle-priced transceivers. And when it comes to ergonomics, the ProIII wins hands down over anything I've used.

Gary D Krause wrote:
Another thing that should be mentioned is that the Pro 3 is four times the cost of a K2. So, it stands to reason that it should do something a little better than the K2, at least four times better. Does it?

If I were an owner of a high end transciever costing thousands of dollars, I would be a little disappointed after seeing the figures that have just been published on the K3. Even the K2 is up there near the top. We can all spend thousands of dollars chasing technology and it never ends. There will always be something bigger and better.

Gary, N7HTS
K2 #6113

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:18:47 -0400