I've purchased an APP pack or two that instead of having real roll pins (as in a flat piece of metal rolled over on itself, having a bit of spring tension in the process), just a piece of tiny metal tubing. While these slipped in place, they also tended to slip out of place.

I'm guessing that this is what many dissatisfied APP users have purchased, instead of getting a pack with real roll pins.

Dave G. wrote:
The APP kit I bought (some time ago) from PowerWerx contained the cheap crimper, anc 20 sets of 30A APP's including the roll pins...
In over three years I have NOT had a roll pin come out!!

73,

Mike
KW1ND