Hi-
 On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:58 PM, I sent this message to the reflector and
haven't seen any comments... maybe I am too anxious, but I am also anxious to
cure this problem- so again, I say:

"Hi-
 OK, the K3 works fine using computer generated PSK 31 AFSK, but when I go to
the internally generated PSK 31 D, 31 bps, I do not get responses to my calling
CQ or calling stations. The TX and RX filter width is set to 2.7 KHz. I can
copy
perfectly on the radios VFO B copy line and do get a kick out of the auto spot
feature. I can hear the transmitted signal on my other rig (ORION II), but it
doesn't have the fullness of the AFSK sent PSK. Any ideas?

 On a related note, one poster mentioned the use of the built in ability of the
K3 to notify other net users of external computer problems, maybe so. However
when monitoring my AFSK PSK31 signal from the K3 on my OII,  I don't see the
AFSK PSK31 signal on the same waterfall of the MixW software. That leads me to
believe that you can not switch from computer driven AFSK PSK31 to built in PSK
D PSK31 because they are on different frequencies. Tell me I am wrong and tell
me how ot make it right.
 Thanks for the bandwidth.

 73 de Dave in NH  K1OPQ