Bob Cunnings wrote:

> Hmm, I responded with this message:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-K3%3A-Using-built-in-PSK--p17503377.html
>
> Since you remarked that when you monitored your transmitted signal it
> didn't have "fullness" I thought that you might be sending only an
> idle signal, which would be the case if you were trying to key the rig
> with an ordinary key, rather than paddles.

I assume that he's using recent firmware. Up until a couple of months ago,
the K3 internal PSK31 produced what sounded a bit like PSK31 but was
actually gibberish.

I really haven't bothered with the paddle-generated PSK mode, but I did test
it recently by monitoring on another receiver and it decoded OK. There have
been a couple of updates since then, though.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf