A strange subject, but this one has me baffled.  I use the K3 with an Icom
AH-4 tuner (tuning manually initiated) on the roof above me and below the
centre of a long doublet.  I've used this configuration with several radios
over the last 5 years or so and it's never given me grief.

I was on 30m cw, swr about 1.1 when suddenly I noticed my output drop from
100W to about 40W and the swr had risen to 4 or so.  I hit the little button
on my homebrew unit and the AH-4 retuned, but still with a high swr.  The
odd thing was that it was clear that as a result of this that the other
station could no longer hear me.  We were about 589 both ways so a 3 or 4dB
drop in power would not cause that.   I am wondering if I was transmitting
somewhere else, and not on 30m.  I changed to other bands and they all tuned
fine.  Went back to 30m, still the same apparent high swr.  Then as suddenly
as the problem had arrived it departed. As I was sending a chain of dots in
frustration, the swr dropped right back down to just above 1.0 _without_ me
having to initiate the tune- and that's what I don't follow!

Hope that makes more sense to someone than it does to me.

I'm really enjoying the K3 and even my wife prefers it to the K2 or TS-480,
as she derives pleasure from spinnning the vfo whilst on the telephone at my
desk!  She still thinks the IC-7400 was prettier though!

73 Stephen  G4SJP