-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Short
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 00:08
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K2/100 RF output varies

I was recently testing a refurbished SB-200 I am working on. I am using my
K2 as the exciter, and had issues on all bands with the K2 remember the
power output
requested. I have connected everthing as follows: K2/100>>MFJ-993 Tuner in
bypass to only show power in and SWR on input circuit of amp,
>>SB-200>>LP-100 wattmeter>>1KW dummy load.

When I would advance power output from about 10W or so to 70-90W output in
to amp, when I take the K2 out of tune mode, and re-enter, the power would
be 20W or so until I moved the Power knob a bit, then it would go back to
the 70-90W requested. The K2 and the amp are about a foot apart, but the
cover is off the amp, since I was doing some input circuit adjustments.
Maybe I am getting RF back in to the K2?

Mike Short

AI4NS

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Checked by AVG.