Depending on the different bw settings it is off or on. Additionally it toggles if you hit it one too many times. Could we get a list of when it should be on vs. off? Is it safe to assume that if you are at a bw smaller than a xtal filter, it should be on?

Dave Wilburn
K4DGW
K2/100 - S/N 5982
K3/100 - S/N 766

Vic K2VCO wrote:
Bob Evans wrote:
never thought I'd be so happy with a 150 Hz filter bandwidth. Honestly, the 100 Hz and 50 Hz bandwidths were useless though as the signal level dropped significantly. It seemed much better a few firmware versions ago, but 150 Hz worked fine for us...I was just getting "greedy" by trying to use the 100
and 50 Hz BW.

I have just found out that there is a bug that causes a gain reduction just for these two bandwidths if they are set for FIR filters and not IIR.

You can fix it now by switching IIR ON, and when Elecraft fixes the bug you can choose either IIR or FIR for these filters as you prefer.

To switch between IIR and FIR, tap '7' on the keypad when you're in any filter setup menu entry (e.g., CONFIG:FLx BW). You want it to say IIR ON.