Wayne,

It is a good idea ... particularly if you get closures on any of the
inputs that would force transmit when first powering up.  In particular,

you would want to look for PTT on mic, PTT/RCA, PTT/ACC, or RTS) and
CW inputs on DTR, key, left paddle or right paddle.

Yaesu does a similar thing in most of their recent radios.  If the
PTT or Key is active at power up, the radio will not transmit until
the PTT/Key has first opened (reset).  The only thing is that they
do not display an error message ...

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV