When I was a kid and had my tech license I only operated on 2m packet
and fm repeater operation.  I really liked that I could go in on 2m or
440 and then come out on HF packet and get a little further.  But the
only time I got to operate on the real bands was during field day.  As a
kid I loved it cause they'd set me up and let me run all night long.
I'd never sleep a wink cause I wanted to get in as much HF operation as
possible.  I thank all the gentlemen who let me use their rigs during
field day.  So far this field day is the first day I've ever broken a
rig.  All I can say is thankfully I was the one operating it when it
died!