--- john petters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thom LaCosta wrote:

> >> No it isn't.  It's related a person with a poor
> fist that cannot
> >> control the
> >> length of the dashes to match the dots they are
> sending.  It has
> >> nothing to do
> >> with music; It has to do with reliable
> communication.  I believe most
> >> bug users
> >> who tout the Mississippi Swing should QLF.
>
> As pro Swing drummer I would say its a pity there is
> not a bit more
> swing to many of the CW stations I copy. Many
> straight and bug operators
> were recognisable by their 'fist'. Too many today
> use keyers that are
> set too fast or have no rhythmic sense at all,
> running characters
> together, which makes it very hard to copy.
> Perhaps Elecraft could come up with QSD correcter.
> 73
> John G3YPZ www.traditional-jazz.com
For those who agree with John, you should join us in
the SKCC in using hand pumps and bugs on a regular
basis.  Trying to make an electronic key sound like a
straight key or a bug sounds like an exercise in
futility to me.  The operator needs to have continuous
input to have a unique fist.  Changing the keyer will
just sound like you changed the keyer.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ